Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kaput

Well I'm not really kaput but I am finished (in three months to be exact). So my blog posts keep coming later and later. Sorry you guys who read my blog, I just have trouble mustering up the energy to write. Everything here is about the same though. I'm fine, actually just getting ready to go to my close of service (COS) conference at the Sheraton hotel!

Every Peace Corps volunteer has their COS conference about three months before they are finished with their service. Its just a time to wrap things up, fill us in on any last minute stuff and specifically to talk about resumes, finding jobs, interviewing, grad school, government jobs, etc. Basically COS conference is there to prepare us for life after Peace Corps.

So lately I've been doing some of these things on my own, working on my resume and looking at jobs. I've enjoyed my time working abroad with the Peace Corps so I figured I'd try to find somethng along those lines again. One job that really caught my eye was teaching english in S. Korea. The contracts are usually for just a year, there are a lot of benifits, free housing/airfare, good wage, etc. so I'm really considering doing this in the spring of 2010.

I wont start applying until January of February so we'll see what happens with that. My plans might change from now until then.

Well thats it, short but sweet. Thanks again for everyone who's sent me letters and packages! It's all been greatly appreciated! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Tyler,

Wow! What an adventure. Incredible pics. As your looks evolved through all your photos I think I like the scruff beard the best. Can't wait to see what you look like when you get home.

See you soon.
-djb